Product Quick Facts
LANDesk, founded in 1985, was acquired by Rakuten in early 2014. They offer enterprise IT solutions, including their flagship Total User Management Suite, which handles five key service management areas:
- Systems Management – includes functionality for device discovery and inventory, software licensing management, OS provisioning/migration, software distribution, monitoring and alerts, Macintosh management, systems dashboard and reporting, remote control and problem resolution, and green IT-focused power management
- Security Management – functions include full application control with Host Intrusion Protection (HIPS), security audits and compliance, patch management, device and connection control, security dashboards and reporting, data protection and encryption, and anti-virus and malware protection
- IT Service Management – delivers mobile and social IT service management with built-in user chat, self-service portal and service catalog, service desk reporting, integration and automation tools, and more
- Asset Lifecycle Management – helps with software compliance, license reclamation for unused software, intelligent discovery, simple asset tracking, easy data import with pre-built B2B connectors, and multi-audience dashboards and reporting.
- Enterprise Mobility Management – LANDesk Mobility Manager includes full MDM / BYOD capabilities, with mobile application management, simple user-based policy administration, a corporate app store, and a cloud-based delivery
While all of these solutions are available as a standalone system, LANDesk offers an all-in-one platform that can be delivered on-premise or via the cloud, depending upon your unique needs.
Not sure if LANDesk is the best solution for your enterprise service management needs? See more options and compare LANDesk with other solutions using our IT Software Product Selection Tool, IT Helpdesk Product Selection Tool, or MDM/BYOD Product Selection Tool. Or if you’d prefer, call, click or email to learn more about LANDesk and other vendors by speaking to one of our unbiased Technology Advisors for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation today.
(Last updated on 02/02/2022 by Mary Houston Coker)